The Foster & Kinship Care Education Program (FKCE) has been a part of SRJC since 1985. FKCE is designed to support and train professional care-givers who care for children placed in out-of-home care. At SRJC we strive to provide high-quality education to adults providing care and to foster youth attending college.
For further details on professional caregiver trainings please go to the Professional Caregiver Training Calendar page on the main menu.
The Foster Youth Success Program helps to support former and current foster youth on campus. The Foster Youth Success Program is made up of a network of SRJC programs and services and include the following:
- Bear Cub Scholars: Located in the CalWorks Office, on the third floor of the Lawrence A. Bertolini Student Center. Contact April Holmes, email@example.com or 707-521-6955
- NextUp: Located in the EOPS Office, on the second floor of the Lawrence A. Bertolini Student Center. Contact Rebecca Levelle, firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-521-7827
- Independent Living Skills: Located at 705 Elliott Ave. Contact Nick Lawrence, email@example.com or 707-535-3752
- Financial Aid: Located in Plover. Contact Margaret Mann, firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-524-1545
- Work Experience: Jobs on Campus for Foster Youth: Located in Career Development on the third floor of the Lawrence A. Bertolini Student Center. Contact Barbara King email@example.com or707-524-1702
- Scholarships: Located in Plover. Contact Rachael Cutcher firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-524-1639
- Foster Youth Allies: Located at 705 Elliott Ave. Contact Nick Lawrence, email@example.com or 707-535-3752